Hi ,

I am attaching my original story about this lens and the problem I had. Well I got an email from Pentax saying that a new lens have been sent by UPS to my home address, Bravo Pentax, I do know now that the lens has arrived but I am in a bussiness travel at México City. I am eager to have the lens back in my hands.

Angel Ramos

Angel Ramos wrote:
Well mine has bite the dust, at least while its been fixed by Pentax  It
does not  go below 20mm focal length.  I noticed it after using it at an
outdoor photo shoot.  I was going to use the lens in the studio when I
found the problem.  I could hear a rattle inside like coming from a
bearing, a crew or a nut,  and whatever it is it can not be seen.  I did
not try to force to go to 16mm.  The lens is off warranty but I hope
they found the problem is related to a factory defect and fix it. I have not dropped it or banged it, just normal perfect use. I hope is only that part loose around and that there is no additional damage. The lens focuses and works ok except for the problem described. I will update when I get it back.

Angel