I'd definitely take the Sigma 10-20, I'd be spoilt for choice between the 35/2
and 50/1.4 but I think I'd go with the 50.

John
From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Subash
[pdml.l...@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 July 2009 19:32
To: PDML
Subject: lens advice?

hi,

come august 1, i am going for a trek in the himalayas. we (a group of
four) had originally planned on doing a trek to a place called the
valley of flowers. that trail, unfortunately, is also a major
sikh/hindu pilgrimage route, so its quite crowded/noisy. we thought
we'd prefer something more secluded, peaceful and divinity-free for
our first trek in the himalayas, so we have chosen to do a place called
har ki dun (valley gods and that's strictly metaphorical).

now, i am taking the k10d. since it's a trek, and we'll be carrying
most of our stuff up steep inclines, there's a kind of limit to the
stuff i can carry. lenses. the lenses i do have are: sigma 10-20,
fa35/2, fa50/1.4, da50-200. obviously i can't take them all on a trip
like this, so i would appreciate your inputs here as to which i should
take (i am looking at landscape and people photography).

i would also appreciate any other inputs you'd want to share.

TIA, regards, subash