From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Doug Franklin
[jehosep...@mindspring.com]
Sent: 14 July 2009 13:37
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Sigma Apo 400

willdo-1 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I went through my camera cupboard this morning and came across a Sigma
> Apo 400/5.6 in excellent condition. It's almost new. If anyone is
> interested please let me know before I put it on eBay. It has a hard
> leather case and I think I even have the original Sigma box (somewhere.)
>
> I haven't been doing much ordinary picture taking for a while. Most has
> been video microscopy. I am more interested in microscope objectives. So
> I have no need for such a long lens these days, it's just being wasted.

Somebody around here was looking for a 400 or so recently, but I don't
recall who it was.  If you're thinking about a long lens, definitely
contact Don about this one.  If it's the APO Macro version (focuses down
to like 3m/10ft), I've had the same version since just after they were
discontinued, back in maybe 2002 or 2003.  It's been a very good lens.
Not as flare resistant as the Pentax glass, but not much is.  And Sigma
was very good the one time I had to send it in.  I dropped the lens in
its leather case and something fairly substantial came loose inside.
They fixed it and got it back to me in about two weeks, no charge.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)