Thank God.

gldnbearz wrote:
All that narrative and NO photos?? =)

- Pat

2009/7/24 Ralf R. Radermacher <fotor...@gmx.de>:
Sometime last night, Leonidas, on of our two cats, has thrown up a
hairball. Not exactly newsworthy, you'd say.

Well, he's done so *after* having a copious meal and on my desk - right
over my new K-7. And I've even been lucky as he missed the open laptop
by a mere inch.

When I discovered the mess this morning, it had krept into every nook
and cranny of the camera and mostly dried. Nothing that could easily be
wiped off with a damp cloth.

So, exactly how waterproof is a K-7? Enough to clean it under running
water? Hmmmm...

Luckily, although the service department of Pentax in Hamburg, Germany,
has been disbanded, a while ago, the former head of service is still
with the company. I explained the case to him...

"You don't have much choice, do you?" And no, he saw no problem with
this.

I'm glad to report that cat and camera are doing fine again.   :-)

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com