From: "P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:11 AM
Subject: Re: Summer greetings from Scandinavia!

I've actually stayed subscribed to the list for more than eleven years
now (!)
Damn Lasse, you're a gluten for punishment.

Lasse Karlsson wrote:
Hi all!

Just want to say hi to you all. I hope everything is well with everyone.

I guess most "oldies" remember me and may recall that I'm shooting
Canon nowadays, but I still got some Pentax stuff somewhere.
(It just struck me that, although I haven't been posting much in later
years, I've actually stayed subscribed to the list for more than
eleven years now (!), I believe... Hard to believe, isn't it?)

Anyway, I'd say it's proving that this list is and has successfully
remained a great photographer's list, no matter what equipment you're
using.

Recently I had the pleasure of covering a full week of athletics at
what's called The (Natwest) Island Games. I guess it's the only
competition/games where qualification for participating is based
purely on a geological criteria - only island residents and teams can
participate... :) (There were all kinds of sports, but I only did
track & field.)

It was great fun and I have a real great collection of pictures, which
I don't really know what to make of.

I also happened to shoot for the Cayman Island's team, which was fun,
they were very nice to get to know and I also got published on the
other side of the Atlantic...:)

Photography-wise I have also been doing some jazz-poster work. Last
year I was the editor of a book, where I also ended up doing all the
image work and the layout too. It was a rewarding experience in many
respects.

But I still haven't got my own photo web page, just some various
uploads here and there.
Btw, is there still a list of PDML-members' web pages somewhere? If
so, would someone kindly point me to it?

Till later,
Lasse

follow the directions.

--G. K. Chesterton