Good point - although anyone who uses an electronic gizmo without also using
a proper map deserves to get lost.

On a trip to the left coast a few years ago, I was being chauffeured around by a young lawyer in a new Mercedes SUV. She had recently relocated to LA and was relying on the Nav system in her fine German auto.

At one point the NAV system went kaput, no output at all. She was totally lost and had no paper map in the vehicle. Finally stopped in a gas station for directions back to my hotel!

Nav system,,,,, I don't need no stinkin Nav system,,,,,,

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com>

Subject: RE: Really OT Google maps

On Aug 9, 2009, at 6:16 AM, Bob W wrote:

> Paper maps are so 20th century...

I'm amused by the fact that men have a reputation of never
using a map or asking directions.  But put the map and
directions into an electronic gizmo and it's an entirely
different story.

Good point - although anyone who uses an electronic gizmo without also using
a proper map deserves to get lost.

Bob