In shooting mode, push the INFO button and you have several controls available there, including SR on/off. Not as direct as a hardware switch, but not far from it. Much better than navigating the ever-increasing menus.

I forgot to mention that I've disabled the status screen, in order to prevent it from drying the battery for the sake of tanning my face and dazzling my eyes. Another side advantage is that the status screen never comes in between, and pushing INFO goes straight to that useful setting palette (instead of repeating info I alkeady know by the viewfinder and top panel).

Dario