----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Stenquist"
Subject: PESO: A Million Dollar Maybe

I shot this car at a show in Ohio. I was camped out at a nearby  airport,
and the magazine editor sent the cars to me that he wanted  shot. This one
arrived in a trailer, and I had to shoot it under heavy  clouds with
intermittent drizzle. We had just wiped some raindrops off  of it here. The
car is a 1971 Barracuda with a 426 cid hemi and four  speed. It's 100%
numbers matching, fully documented from the day it  was born and a 99 point
+ rotisserie restoration. While these cars  were fun, they were cheaply
made and twisted like a pretzel under  acceleration. But there nostalgia
pieces. The last one this nice to be  sold at auction went for more than a
million dollars. This car should  bring close to that if sold, although I
think the present owner  intends to keep it. The original owner sold it
several years after he  had purchased it for $1500.

K7 plus DA 60-250, f 13 @ 1/30th, off the tripod:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=9722476&size=lg

Oh Yeah, thats the ticket.
For myself I think you've got it a little low in the frame and I prefer a
~VERY~ slightly higher POV and less depth of field.
Leave it a sense of place, but not much more than that.

OTOH, you know this stuff better than I do.
Great car, nice shot.

William Robb