I considered going with the Sony A900. But the DA* 60-250 changed my mind. It was exactly the lens I needed for a lot of what I do, and it's just superb. However, the Sony A850 is certainly a great buy. What's more the thought of changing systems was too intimidating. I'd have to have two bodies and at least four lenses to start.
Paul
On Sep 4, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Mark Roberts wrote:

Christine  Aguila wrote:

From: "Scott Loveless" <sdlovel...@gmail.com>

On 9/4/09, Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:
Christine  Aguila wrote:

K7 is in at Central Camera.  Yikes.

Ooh, budget peril.

I'm in budget peril, too, but I'm flirting with the idea of buying a
non-Pentax camera. Have to hold off before deciding. For about two
weeks, say.

I give up.  Who's releasing what in two weeks?

Yep, I'm curious too.  Watcha thinkin of buying, Mark?

The non-Pentax camera I'm considering is the Sony A850. But I won't
make the decision for a while.