William Robb wrote:

The 60-250 became my new best friend on this trip. The lens has no bad
habits, and is sharp at every aperture and focal length range that I used it

I'd never be able/willing to afford it, but I'd love to have something in a DA form factor that could compete with the FA* 200/2.8 and F* 300/4 for image quality ... sort of like the F[A]* 80-200/2.8, but "smaller" ... and at a lot less than the price of a good used car, unlike used copies of the F[A]* 80-200/2.8.

The new long and fast lenses look great from an IQ perspective, but I simply can't/won't spend $1200 or more for a good lens, especially three or four or more times.

I guess it's just another in a long line of cases of having a champagne taste and a Budweiser purse. :-)

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)