Thanks for that, Jack.  I assumed that there must be some formula used
but I must have missed your earlier post on the subject.  I don't know
if that is still the method used but it sounds reasonable.

One thing I'm unsure of when voting is how to deal with images where the
submitter has obviously not read the submission criteria.  For example,
the rules clearly state that "The PENTAX Photo Gallery does not
currently support photos with non-standard aspect ratios (eg. panoramic
photos)" but I still come across plenty of panoramic submissions.  I
usually just give these a thumbs down on the basis that the submitter(s)
should at least have read the rules, but some of the images are quite
good.  What do others do with these?

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters