Larry -

I think your question is "how do I get files printable by a third party from the raw files I've manipulated". Yes??

Here's one way...

With Lightroom in library mode -

Create a "Collection" - give it a name that describes the content
Find the images you want to get printed and add them to the collection
You don't have to add them all at one time - if they're in different folders find the ones in one folder and add them, then move to the next folder you want to use and add them, etc. You can select multiple files in each folder and add them at once. When you have them added to the collection, show the Collection in the Library pane, select the ones you want to send out to be printed and export them as jpg's. Be sure to export them as sRGB's. The export dialogue lets you specify where to put the exported jpg's so now you can navigate there in Windows Explorer and either upload them to your print source or copy them to whatever media you want to use to get them to your third party printer.

HTH

-p

Larry Colen wrote:
I've got a job Tuesday night taking photos at a charity event. As part
of this job, I'm going to need to get them printed.

The only catch is that I've never printed any of my digital
photos. Therefore, it would be wise for me to do a test run and get
some of my shots printed.

I've collected a list of some of my favorites on flickr. It should
be fairly easy to find the files, and even in theory the libraries(?)
that they're in.

I'd like to collect all of those shots, with the processing data that
I've already done, and have a special grouping of them all in one
place. I'd rather do this without duplicating the raw files that are
already there, though I don't mind if the files of processing
instructions (for printing) are different than the current iteration
of those files.

I could look this stuff up in various lightroom books, but I'm not
even sure what to look for.

One complication to this whole process is that I've moved my whole
directory tree of photos from one drive, to another, at least
once. And I believe the catalogue (?) files as well. At one point in
my attempt to get my old catalogue, or whatever it's called, I pointed
the wrong thing to the wrong place in the directory tree, and messed
everything up, so there's weird duplication with something pointing to
places that aren't there for various libraries, or catalogues or
whatever.
I'm not familiar enough with lightroom (yes, I know, I should take
Godfrey's class) to know what things I should look up in the
index. I've run into problems before because what I think is the
intuitively correct name is different than what Adobe thinks is the
intuitively correct name.

If it helps for pointing. I've got Kelby's Adobe photoshop lightroom
book and Resnick and Spritzer's Lightroom Workbook. I may have a
couple other books around someplace, but those are the one sitting on
my computer at the moment.