Mark Roberts wrote:
Peter Loveday wrote:

My current GPS is a Garmin Etrex Vista.
Is that the original Vista or the HCx version - which is supposedly much better sensitivity?

 I have the HCx - great sensitivity and locks onto satellites *fast*.
Downside? Try reading the display without glasses if you're over 40...

That's what the "zoom" button is for. :-) But I'm usually either using it in an urban setting or on the highway, as opposed to knocking about in the woods. I do wish that there was one more (pair of) button(s) to directly control the backlight.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)