It should be able to. I do not uise the K-7 under heavy sun however,
dunno how it would react (no, I didn't read anything bad about that
btw). The K-7 will stop at whatever comes first: 4GB barrier or 30
minutes.
The relatively big sensor is cool on a DOF point of view but as for
focussing, it is not, DOF being smaller and no AF during video.

A older lens with nice manual feel is a joy to use however (for
focussing when recording video) and allows aperture change during
video as well.

Regards,
--
Thibault Massart aka Thibouille