> > Men are generally very simple creatures when it comes to
> certain things.
> >
> > Mind you, so are women.
> >
> > It's just different things, and different types of trite.
> >
> > Mr. Darcy
>
> I'd be leery of any man who says he understands women. He's
> liable to lie to you about important things as well.

I don't claim to understand women but I do think that men overcomplicate
them, and women tend to go along with it. Lying is a good example. Men lie
to women all the time, and think that women believe them. They don't, but
they let men continue with their false belief. For any value of n that men
possess in a nth order attribution of false belief, women have n+1.

Put more simply, so the little ladies can understand it, women are always
one step ahead of men.

That's why Elizabeth Bennet always wins, however often you read the damn
book, or watch the damn film.

Bob