Great light, nice subject. Might be stronger with out the inclusion of the water along the lower edge.

BTW you might try draping an arm over the lens to dampen any motion.

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Davis" <jdavi...@yahoo.com>
Subject: PESO: Battery Point Light

Wife and I took another weekend excursion. This time to the north coast (CA) and spent yesterday in and around Crescent City. Late afternoon on a windy extremely chilly day I took another shot at Battery Light. The DA 55~300 is a very light non-internal focusing lens. When racked out to 300mm you can't breath near it when shooting. A peek through the viewfinder showed it to be vibrating continually, but took 11 shots (cable switch/2 sec delay) hoping for a moment's quiet. The link is to the only shot that appears to have been nearly vibration free. I was stubborn enough to not want to go larger than f/6.7 (wanted some foreground rock detail) nor higher than 200 ISO. This taken just as the sun was sinking into the Pacific through a thin blushing persimmon tinted atmosphere.

All comments welcome.

Jack

K20, DA 55~300, f/6.7, ISO 200, Bogen 3021 T'pod, Pro ball head, full frame (no cropping)

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=450