Thanks, Godfrey, you understood me exactly right... Despite my clumsiness again... The "None" switch was the culprit.

Thanks!

Boris

On 1/15/2010 5:33 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Assuming you are in the Library module with "2009" chosen in the
Folders panel, the top of your 2009 image file hierarchy. You use the
Filter bar in Grid mode to select a subset of the image files in the
Grid view. You click on one of the images that meets all the filter
criteria, now you want to change your choice of images to display to
the ones contained in the folder that contains that image as well as
disable all filtering so you can see everything in that particular
folder.

Very easy:

- Right-Click (control-click on Mac OS X) on the image file and choose
the "Show in Folder in Library" command.

- If there are filters selected in the Filter bar (LR might remember
the last filter you used in that folder, if you ever did), click the
"None" switch in the Filter bar.