On 1/16/2010 5:37 PM, Rob Studdert wrote:
On 17/01/2010, Christian<christ...@skofteland.net>  wrote:

I originally posted the video with a very detailed account of how to travel
with guns to protect your other valuables like electronics and camera gear.
The guy in the video never mentioned Australia but did mention that he
traveled outside the US with the same techniques.  The TSA is not allowed
to, BY LAW, open luggage that has been locked and has the firearms
stickers/documentation all over it.  It is up to the check-in counter to
verify what's in the luggage before the passenger locks it.  It seems like a
great idea especially when you consider that a flare gun is classified as a
firearm.
Here you need to apply and purchase a permit and also have a safe for
storage etc, I personally wouldn't try to bring any kind of firearm
into Oz.

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/133228/fact_sheet_starting_pistol_permit.pdf
Didn't Australia used to be a free country?

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier
New;}}