Hmm, mayonnaised, never heard it called that but the water to oil
inter-cooler in my Porsche blew an o-ring, the oil and water were
literally like mayo but the engine survived quite well.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours

-----

Ah, a man I understand. I have a 1999 911 Carrera, bought last April with 47,000 miles on it. This was the first year Porsche put the water cooled engine in the 911. There have been too many reports of just the problem you mention. You are lucky your engine is still intact. In not acknowledging the problem, Porsche has behaved just like Pentax.

At least we don't have to worry about SDM failure.

Joe