I had one and used it for quite some time on the old *ist D and loved the results. I've got a few nice scenics that I shot with it. One thing I miss about Pentax DSLRs is that the "low-end" zooms like the FA 28-70/4 are far superior to the low-end glass available from Canon.

--

Christian
http://404mohawknotfound.blogspot.com/

Sandy Harris wrote:
I've got a KX and so far my most used lens is an A 35-70 F4. I'm quite
happy with
that. I also have DA 16-45 and screwmount 55/1.8, but 70% or more of shots use
the 35-70.

Looking at the reviews:
http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/SMC-Pentax-FA-28-70-F4-Zoom-Lens.html
It appears the 28-70 might be even better for me. Lighter, auto-focus,
and a wider
zoom range. What's not to like? KEH have one, ex+ for $119.

It seems worth asking here before taking that plunge. Anyone used this lens on
digital? Can anyone compare this at 42-105 equivalent to the old 35-105 that
was many people's favorite lens on film?

For that matter, has anyone got one to trade? The 16-45 is a fine lens, but I'd
happily trade it for the 28-70 and something else. First choice, 100/4 or 3.5
macro, but anything that looks useful in a lightweight kit with KX and 28-70
might be of interest. 50/1,4, 20 or 135 mm lens, 45-125 zoom, ...? Contact
me off-list if this is of interest.