Hi David: This is truly a great set, probably my favorite of all your gesos of this subject. I just love #1 & my three favs after that are 3, 5, & 11, but all are nice. I like the color and light alot. The close ups of the athletes are very nice too. Overall, great work. You've improved the interface too, right? Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Mann" <dm...@bluemoon.net.nz>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:30 PM
Subject: GESO: Surf N Turf (#6)

Yet another swim & run race.

This week the race was held at Scarborough Beach at the eastern edge of the city. We had much better weather but the surf wasn't safe to do the full swim course. So the swim-only events were cancelled and the aquathon (swim followed by run) was greatly shortened.

<http://www.multisport.net.nz/photos/732-2010-02-26-frontrunner-surf-n-turf-photos.html>

We had an onshore breeze so a bit of haze in the air. There was a decent amount of light for once so the AF worked a lot better, plus I could get some decent shutter speeds and stop down a bit. That was a refreshing change from the previous events.

This was going to be the final race in the series but due to the swim troubles the organiser has scheduled a swimming-only event for next week. Not sure if I'll be there for that one.

Dave