On Mar 2, 2010, at 8:58 AM, Thibouille wrote:

Mmm I remember I opened them directly in iMovie.

The file format is AVI but the most important thing is the codec, as
some others said, Mjpeg. It produces huge files but are very easy to
edit on the computer since that codec doesn't require a lot of power
to compress/decompress.

Edit: I just imported an AVI/Mjpeg file straight from K-7 into iMovie'09:
File -> Import -> Movie -> select AVI file.
It will convert to MOV/Mjpeg automatically (and reduce resolution if
you ask it to do so).

I think I have '08 iMovie on my desktop, but '09 on the laptop. I'll try it there.
Thanks.
Paul

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:49 PM, paul stenquist