My buddy and I had just finished a college football remote for the college radio station. We stopped at a 7-11 for refreshments for the long drive back to campus. The young and pretty cashier looked at the state car, then us, and asked if we were Narks. So my buddy answers "No mam, we're Broadcasters." and I add "We're on a mission from God"
Then we paid up and left/

Cheers
Mike

On Apr 7, 2010, at 9:37 PM, drd1...@gmail.com wrote:

Early 90's (I think) I went to the North American Chemical Congress in Toronto. About 22,000 attending. As I walked through Canadian Customs this women in a uniform gives me a very tired look and says "chemist?". I apologized and she laughed.
-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 21:22:22
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO - Famous Scientist (yet another one)

Matthew Hunt wrote:

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Mark Roberts <m...@robertstech.com> wrote:

(BTW: You can tell they're academics just by the way they *look*,
can't you?)

I was once grocery shopping with my roommate, when we were grad
students.  I don't remember what we were discussing, but it wasn't
work.  We were in the produce section, and a guy came up to us and
asked, "Excuse me, are you two physicists?  I have a question..."

I was once in Atlanta for the WERA Grand national Finals (motorcycle
roadracing thing) and went to dinner with a friend in a Chinese
restaurant. When the waiter came to take our order he asked, "You guys
motorcycle racers?". We replied, "Um yeah. How did you know?" "Oh"
came the reply, "I can tell just by looking!"