Addendum - You don't want to overprice the market, but don't sell yourself short, either. If you think your image is only worth 10 bucks, your buyer will think it's worth less.

-p

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: Exhibit details
Date:   Sun, 11 Apr 2010 23:44:08 -0500
From:   Paul Sorenson <allarou...@earthlink.net>
To:     Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>

Larry -

Try this formula to put some concrete figures to your pricing.  (Your
costs -printing, framing, etc + the minimum cash you'd like) / .7.  Yes,
that's divided by 7/10.  Dividing by .7 adds the 30% that the gallery
will get.  Now get rid of the cents and round up to the nearest $1, $5,
whatever.  That will give you your minimum selling price.  Running the
same formula using *double* the cash you'd like will give you your
preferred selling price.  Using $50 to $70 as a minimum profit will get
you in the $300 range as a preferred selling price as Paul and Doug
suggested.

-p