On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 07:32:26PM -0400, P. J. Alling scripsit:
> Unfortunatly it hasn't been done. Most prime designs are at least 10
> years old. In the case of the DA 40mm limited it looks like it's about
> thirty years old, (see the M 40mm f2.8).
[256 lines snipped]

DA 35 Ltd. would appear to be a new design and both a very capable one
and one that is, in the context of "Limited" branded lenses, affordable.

As far as my very limited experience allows me to opine, people don't
like primes because they don't like changing lenses.

-- Graydon