Hi Ken: I don't know the specific rules of the grants Sue is using to pay for specific items, so it wouldn't be right for me to speak specifically. But you're right--no grant money is used towards the framing of the photos or supplies toward the creation of art on behalf of an artist. But to put on exhibits is a lot of money. For example, I do know that once Sue uninstalls the exhibit that is currently up, the walls have to be repainted in preparation for our exhibit--this is pretty routine. There usually is some hand painted wall signage. Food and drink. Postage for mailing (which can be very expensive). Any workman that do labor for an exhibit install have to be paid--etc etc. I really don't know what monies are allowed to be used for specific items. That's Dank's business, and I'm not going there :-). I know this isn't a complete answer to all your questions, but it's the best I can do. HTH. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Waller" <kwal...@peoplepc.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 11:33 PM
Subject: Re: PDML Exhibit Update

I agree, lets move on. What's done is done.

Thanks for your involvement.

But how is grant money involved? The exhibitors have all paid for their images. Where does grant money come into this ? Why would grant money have any effect on another worthy cause?

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christine Aguila" <cagu...@earthlink.net>