Roman,

Since I had installed Katz Eye screen in K10D I couldn't live without
one. Recently I had completed rather long process of shimming
(position fine tuning) of Katz Eye screen for my K-7. With lenses like
A50/1.2 it is priceless and indeed A50/1.2 is my favorite lens.

Another interesting thing that I learned using Katz Eye screens is
that sometimes in AF mode the camera would choose a point that I did
not think it should have chosen. With the help of Katz Eye it is much
easier for me to notice that and take respective action.

In general, I personally recommend using split screen focusing
screens, such as Katz Eye. I also use magnifying eye piece.

--
Boris