[...]
> last august, when i went trekking in the himalayas, i had a
> lowepro slingshot 200 which i thought was very convenient.
> since i had a heavy backpack, i could swing the lowpro to the
> front. that was the first time i was doing serious trekking,
> had taken the k10d and about four lenses. but it was much too
> heavy and in future i would definitely look at making the
> gear much lighter and the bag much smaller (for my cycle ride
> in the himalays this july i am just taking the tamron
> 18-250). perhaps you can look at the slingshot 100?

Subash, thanks. I don't like the idea of the slingshots for that sort of
hike - it seems to me that there must be too much weight on one side of the
body, rather than having it distributed evenly, with the hips taking some of
the load. I can see the benefits of the sling design for some applications,
but I can't imagine it would work for long hikes with a realistic weight.

Bob