Darren,
You have to be careful.
Just because your vision works perfectly, it's no reason to trash Autofocus.
I've needed glasses for nearsightedness (+8 diopters) and an astigmatism,
plus floaters (no help from the glasses), and now bifocals for reading.
Making pictures in sharp focus has always been a challenge,
and autofocus helps...even with the DFA100/2.8 Macro on the K-7.
Regards,  Bob S.