On May 1, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Doug Franklin wrote:

On 2010-05-01 0:33, Larry Colen wrote:

might work. Has anyone used something like this:
http://www.zbattery.com/Maglite-Plain-Leather-Belt-Holster-for-D-Size-Flashlights

to carry a monopod?

Most are too long to carry on your belt, IMO. They end up banging around amidst your legs and are a threat to trip you. Now, attach that same belt loop doohickey to your backpack, now you're getting somewhere. My Bogen 3218 has a wrist loop. I put a cheap "carabiner" clip onto that loop, and hook it to my backpack or camera bag. Something to keep the bottom end up above knee level. Or I leave the 400 lens attached to it and carry it "crooked" over my shoulder.

I've got a Benbo mc66 which is under 17" without the head. I specifically looked for one that I could carry inside my camera bag.

My goal for the holster is camera, fannypack and monopod.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)