From: Jeffery Smith
Mac has some software available for it that Windows cannot touch.
That is one of the reasons for my moving to Mac. And it boots up and
connects to drives, the web, etc. in about 45 seconds. My "fast" Dell
takes about 15 minutes to get past all of the "not responding" issues
before it will actually function.

For people in the business world, Windows rules. For people who are
writers, academics, or otherwise right brained, the Mac fills some
serious voids that Windows doesn't even address. Like most of the
software from Devon Technologies and other information managers.

Jeffery

P.S. - can we change the subject line to Mac versus Windows? That
poor K-7 has been out of the mix for several days, and it deserves
better.  ;-)

Sure. Easily enough done ...

BTW, I'd see about getting that Dell fixed. If you're getting 15 minutes of "not responding" issues at boot up, you've got a broken machine.