G'day all

Thanks for the comments.  A few responses to those I haven't responded
to yet....

On Mon, 03 May 2010 06:53 -0700, "Jack Davis" <jdavi...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> I seriously think all have varying degrees of "something". I've picked a
> few for comment: Goods Shed; Clean and beautifully composed. Decay; I
> might like it even better in B&W. Moore Point Lighthouse; Would like to
> see it, also, in color and less centered. Holding On; An especially well
> chosen scene, but sort of suffocated and too near center. Haunted; Large
> central fence post is aligned with the house and gets in my face..so to
> speak.
> Nice set!

Thanks, Jack.

Here's Moore Point in colour - a different image but similar.  Yes, I'd
like it a bit less centered but there was a whole heap of crap just
above the sand dune - a road, old houses, overhead wires, etc., and it
was bit of a struggle to hide them effectively.  Maybe a different crop
is needed.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/eastwest/slides/_IGP3192j.html

"Haunted" is an old house about 1/2 an hour's drive away - I keep
meaning to go back and take a few more shots.  I'm in two minds about
that fence post - it adds some foreground interest but its deep shadow
is the thing I dislike most.

As for "Decay" in B&W, your wish etc.....

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1370864/_IGP2380bw.jpg

On Mon, 03 May 2010 08:59 -0500, "CheekyGeek" <cheekyg...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> How do I get in this "photographic black hole"?
> I'd be very happy to have produced almost any of those images!
>
> Darren Addy

Thanks Darren - it was fun dragging these out of the archives but as
I've said before, these were 'pre" black hole.

:-)>

On Mon, 03 May 2010 16:04 +0200, "AlunFoto" <alunf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They are a fine collection.
> Btw, I stumbled over your SOFOBOMO from last year. Impressing product.
> You've nearly nudged me into doing it this year! :-)

I'll have to keep nudging!.  It was a lot of fun last year although I
tried to do it in too short a period.  If I can think of an appropriate
topic this year I'll try to use the full 4 weeks and include a bit more
scintillating text.

Maybe SoFoBoMo is what I need to escape my event horizon.

On Mon, 03 May 2010 15:25 +0100, "Bob W" <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

> We should all have holes as black as yours.
>
> Some very nice stuff there. Someone should ship those decrepit railway
> coaches over to New Jersey and turn them into decrepit diners for Dan to
> photograph.

I think those ones are already being used as diners, judging by the
empty Maccas packets and beer bottles that were lying around....

Thanks for looking, Bob!

On Mon, 03 May 2010 08:44 -0700, "Larry Colen" <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

> I'm late for work, so I'll just say that several of them are quite good.
>
> The problem is that there are several separate critical tasks in the
> process:
> photographer, editor, and processor.
>
> Sometimes you just aren't inspired, or on track for one of them.

I think my problem is with the first of those critical tasks....

On Mon, 03 May 2010 13:34 -0400, "Daniel J. Matyola"
<danmaty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There is a lot of good stuff there.  I particularly like blue streak,
> the boat reflections and the trains.

Thanks Dan.  I like 'Blue Streak', too although it's a bit noisy in the
large version.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters