Falk Lumo has posted an article about it on his blog too:
http://falklumo.blogspot.com/2010/04/pentax-shake-reduction-revisited.html

It's a bit tough on the braincells, but quite interesting.
For the math challenged like myself, here's the conclusion:

"Pentax delivers a capable shake reduction system able to provide up
to 4 stops stabilization. However, it is designed to work best at
exposure time around 1/20s and therefore, is most useful for normal
and wide angle lenses used at low light or in video. Starting at
around 100mm focal length, it is increasingly unlikely to see a
positive effect from the SR system and beyond 200mm, the SR system
cannot be used anymore to produce tac-shap images at lower than usual
exposure times."

Sadly, this matches my own experience pretty well. :-(

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com