OK,  this is so far off topic, ... anyway

I've always been a minimalist in a lot of ways when it comes to style. Style in fashion, architecture, whatever (except I'm a hoarder, but what are you gonna do?).

I'm a big fan of what we in the US call "Scandinavian Modern" furniture design (wood, leather, a little glass, lots of clean straight lines with relieved corners and edges, a few gentle curves). Shaker and Mission home and decorating design also appeals to me. Frank Lloyd Wright was pretty good, but needed to get over his feminine side and be less "frou frou". That's sort of a summary of my "style self".

On PBS (US federal government funded TV) a few days ago, I saw an episode about "Huf Haus". It's apparently an English company founded by Germans that does "semi custom" "prefab" houses in a way not many USicans will find familiar. I discovered on their web site that my taste in houses and architecture leans toward the "Bauhaus school". Great, now I've gotta go to the frickin' library. :-) I discovered a few years ago in Darmstadt that I also like the Jungenstihl approach.

US Agent:
http://www.dotgreenusa.com

Parent Company:
http://www.huf-haus.com

It's sort of an alpine chalet meets psychotic glazier design theme.

Anyway, I thought their designs might interest some of you, from an aesthetic point of view, even if you disagree with them.

Yeah, that looks like the style of Mies van der Rohe (third & last director of the Bauhaus school).

http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Barcelona_Pavilion.html

http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Farnsworth_House.html

http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/Tugendhat_House.html

You see a lot more of that style of house towards the south and particularly the southwest in the U.S.

Mies van der Rohe's style is more suited I think to warmer climates - easier to cool than keep warm during cold winters. Those big glass walls tend to make them lose a lot of heat.

But it doesn't take much modification to the design to have those big slab roofs overhang enough to keep the glass in shade all summer long. And they work kind of like adobe, slowly absorbing heat during the day and releasing it again during the cooler nights.