On 2010-05-07 0:44, frank theriault wrote:

I love Bauhaus.

Apparently, so do I, though I've only known that for about 48 hours now. :-)

Gropius.

Ok, more library time.

Mies van der Rohe.

Of course I've heard of him, but architecture for me isn't so much a discipline as part of the process of getting a place I want to live in. So I'm not exactly "up" on who's who.

I'm not as enamored of glass as van der Rohe, Huf Haus, or the Bauhaus school in general, but I like the planes and the simplicity of line. Less is more. None is all.

Buildings with nothing but right angles.

Well, I'm not tied to right angles, but I like planes. Occasional curves, but gentle ones. It's sort of a practical thing ... furniture is often recitlinear. Fitting it to a curved room can be ... challenging. And I'm lazy.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)