they seem to be very expensive compared to nebulous state HDs. I have just
ordered a new machine and went through the same questions as you, but
decided I couldn't afford them as yet. I believe the read/write speeds are
also still relatively low and that there's some way to go before they
become 1st choice. I will let the early adopters take the pain.