On 5/20/10, P. J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I had noticed that Gmail has recently upgraded their web interface to make
> it unsuable to anyone used to either the web page metaphor or a real e-mail
> client.  I'm sure someone, somewhere must like it.

I'm one.

It is definitely far better than other web-based services like Hotmail.
Easier to use, better spam filters, ... For me the https interface is
an essential feature since I'm in China and don't want the Great
Firewall messing with my email.

I've also used real email clients from Berkeley mail to Pine. There
are advantages to those, but for me, Gmail is easier.