On 5/13/2010 1:20 PM, Christine Aguila wrote:
Friendly correction: I said Southern Gothic and the grotesque. I think
Flannery O'Connor would have liked Eggleston, and count me in as a fan
of Eggleston. As I write this it's thundering & raining like crazy here
in Chicago--most appropriate for thoughts on the gothic. As Doug said,
there's something quite "menacing" in Eggleston's work.

I am thinking that it was me who used the word "grotesque" in real life during the exhibition visit ;-).

Boris