I'm shooting a school assignment with the PZ-1p, a SMCPA 24mm f/2.8 lens.

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/primes/ultra-wide/A24f2.8.html

I have to take three photos "up close & personal" of 36 persons who I don't know (not friends, not family, not fellow students ... strangers).

The assignment specifies FILM and off camera flash using a Vivitar 285HV set to "yellow" (shoe mounted radio trigger & radio slave hotshoe). The instructor states the Vivitar 285HV automatic exposure on "yellow" will provide proper illumination for f/4.

The lens is at 'A', with the camera in hyper-manual mode with the aperture set at f/4. Ambient light metered with a Sekonic L-408 & the shutter speed set 1 stop faster than metered, i.e. meter reads f/4 @ 1/30 sec, the shutter is set to 1/60 sec.

On the third roll of film (after 22nd subject), I used the DOF preview button on the PZ-1p to see how much DOF I was getting. To my surprise, when I pressed the DOF preview the lens stops all the way down to f/22.

Do you think the camera has been stopping down to f/22 during taking, or is this an anomaly affecting only the DOF preview. The earliest I can get the film processed is Monday.

Is that a problem with the lens, with the camera, or with the combination of lens and camera?

And whoever was offering the PZ-1p a couple days ago, please email me off list. Looks like I may be in the market. I might could use my LX or K-1000, but I need the 1/250 sync speed.

In the meantime I've set the lens manually to f/4 and setting the shutter speed using hyper-manual. I will shoot additional subjects to back stop myself in case the first rolls turn out unusable.