On 5/31/2010 6:06 AM, Ken Waller wrote:
Boris, to me the issue is that this is an issue that doesn't affect a
great many people. Only those that, for what ever reason, leave their
children in their vehicle. And for that the entire society should be
penalized ?

I am thinking your wording is inexact. Let me try to rephrase in a way I see it. "Only those that, for whatever reason, *might* leave their children in their vehicle"...

Because not many people run red lights daily, only few. But you cannot have road patrols just for them, you have them for everybody.

Boris

P.S. I am thinking that the entire society is penalized much more by other things, say overgrown bureaucratic system than by $10 extra for every vehicle.