Ouch. That's a really frustrating situation.
That's why I never go dancing. That and I can't dance.
-----Original Message-----
From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 13:42:27
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: equipment issues this week

I don't think I mentioned that on Monday I went to a dance in the city.  when I
got back to the car, a little after 2, I saw that my trunk was open.

As far as I can tell, the only thing that they took was the fannypack that I
had picked up in Chicago, after a fair bit of searching around for just this
pack. Of course it also had my Raynox, some hybrid AAs, spare battery for my
phone, checkbook and probably a couple other things in it.  I'm guessing that
it was about a $200 hit.

I think that what happened was that when I closed the trunk there was something
in the way of the latch and the trunk didn't latch. The good news is that they
didn't get the carbon fiber tripod. The better news is that before I went up to
the city I took the bag of lenses I don't use that often and the tammy 300/2.8
out of the trunk. So it could have been a lot worse.

Last night, when I got home from photographing some friends play at JJ's, I
noticed that the LCD on top of my K20 had taken a hit:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157624073414869/

Maybe, if and when, I upgrade I'll send it in. But as long as it works, and it
has the plastic scratch protector on it to keep water out, it's not worth the
money, or being without my camera for a month.  I have no idea how it happened.
I didn't drop the camera or bash it with anything.