On Jun 4, 2010, at 3:48 AM, AlunFoto wrote:

> Then one day shit happens, and the Mac is somehow beyond repair and/or
> retrieval. As a newbie I really don't know how to cope, so let's say I
> take my TM to the computer shop, and tell them I'll buy a new Mac from
> them on the condition that they help me restore my data.
>
> In this scenario, I must totally rely on the system. Would I retrieve
> everything? My images no matter where they were stored on the Mac's
> drive, they are probably all over the place since I'm a newbie. My LR
> catalog, my emails and contacts, my documents and whatever stuff I
> have downloaded for keeping.
>
> Oh, and of course I will most likely run into a problem with Adobe's
> bitchy DRM on LR, but that's beside the point just now, right? We're
> pretty much in agreement that Adobe would be well off doing something
> about that. Let's just assume the shop can fix that one for me.
>
> What say you?

If everything was on your startup drive, Time Machine would, in my experience,
restore it flawlessly. When I restored my startup drive, TM had no problem with
Adobe CS Design Suite. It also had no problems restoring the encrypted files
that I keep on the startup drive. In fact, it had no problems whatsoever.
Paul