On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 11:34:45AM -0400, Bruce Walker wrote:
> Just had to share this apparent gem.
>
> Kirk Tuck in his blog points out a great macro bellows deal, a
> Fotodiox for $49.95 US at Amazon.
>
> He has tested it (on Canon) and found it to be as advertised, tough
> and accurate.
>
> Kirk's blog entry: http://is.gd/cCu8R
>
> A link to the Pentax flavour of it at Amazon.com is:
> http://is.gd/cCuc9
>
> I think even I can afford this!  The only showstopper for me is that
> my only macro lens is a DA Ltd and as such has no aperture ring.
> I'd have to try the reversing ring trick with my old SMC 50mm or
> rummage around for a deal on an old macro.
>
> Has anyone here tried one out by any chance?
>

>From the review of the EOS version:
"Because there are no electronic connections in the bellows to communicate
between the digital camera and the lens it is impossible to use automatic focus
or to set your aperture. This is something that was not mentioned in the item
description but is very important to know. Luckily I can focus manually with my
macro lens but I'm still stuck with the aperture at zero when I would prefer to
stop down to 22 or 32."

F0 eh?  wow! I want a 50mm F0 lens too!

--

Christian