Jason wrote: ---------------
Alexander,
You are right.  That is a good idea and would provide
some (which is more than I have now!) albeit limited
functionality.   Given the length of the distance
between the bottom of where the lens attaches and the
base of the camera (even w/o the BG-10), this would
allow moving the back portion of the bellows a
distance that corresponds to the distance the
extension ring extends beyond the rear portion of the
rail of the bellows.

I will try this with the Auto Bellow and post the
results.
Jason
---------------------------------------
Jason, I didn't try a larger extension ring but this
is a good idea as it will allow some adjustments of
the rear portion particularly for longer focal
lengths. However, it will limit the usage of shorter
focal lengths with the bellows. The minimum extension
of the Auto bellows is, I think, somewhat at around
40mm. There is always a trade-off.
Enjoy,
Alexander
http://auctions.yahoo.com