Well short of going to a full frame camera, the K-x is the best you can get for
shooting at high ISO from any manufacturer.

I have shot about 15,000 frames with mine since getting it a couple of months
ago.  The worst thing about the camera is how it makes you question the use and
price of your high end bodies (K20, K7).  They have things about them that are
better, but when it comes to image quality, the K-x can't be beat.

What I did was to purchase one after looking at many images thinking I might
return it if it wasn't  enough difference.  I ended up keeping it.  It is now
the camera I choose to use most of the time, leaving the poor K20 sitting there
all sad.

I routinely shoot the K-x in jpg.  The processing engine is vastly improved and
the quality at high ISO is hard to beat, even in PP - Pentax really did this
body right.  Mind you that I am a hardcore RAW shooter from way back