Kudos for attempting such an elusive subject. Love the overall lighting.
Don't know what the ISO setting was, but I see a pretty noise free image for an
exposure of that length.
There are no such "lightning bugs" (that's what we called them years ago when
living in Iowa) in California. Certainly not that I'm aware off. We used to
catch them and smash them on our faces. Messy, but innocent summer evening
"fun."

Jack