Ann Sanfedele wrote:

So I have finally started to transcribe about 20 tapes from my auto trip across the country in 2001 - started in October of that year... And I'm enjoying coordinating my verbal notes with a map.... for the most part, checking out the maps on line ...

I come to a place in the tape where I have just gotten on to route 224 from route 71 in Ohio.... somewhat west of Akron... and I say "So I see a sign that says I'm one mile from Lodi... " I stop the tape, go to google and type in Lodi Ohio... and see that they put that little pin on the border of Ohio and West VA... Iknow that can't be, because I would ahve been going east if that were the case... not to mention I was farther north... My print rand McNally has Lodi very close to where my notes tell me I should be...

So I go to MAPQUEST and it shows two Lodi's ... one in the correct spot and one in the "faux' spot that the google map showed.

seriously -- IS there a place you can go to and say hey guys, ya got this wrong...?

ann

are you saying the pin should be stuck in Lodi again?