On Jun 28, 2010, at 14:25, Bob Sullivan wrote:

> Charles,
> I especially like how the water looks in those shots.
> I've never seen anything like it, looks like the full river is in motion.
> Is the water flowing up-hill in the 2nd shot?
> Regards,  Bob S.
>>
>> http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2010/IMGP2750.jpg
>>
>> (16mm, 8 seconds, f4.0, ISO 200)
>>
>> http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2010/IMGP2755.jpg
>>
>> (16mm, 13 seconds, f7.1, ISO 200)

In each shot the water is flowing right-to-left.

Minneapolis used to be a big milling town, and these falls were part of the
channeling/spillways that would direct the water through the wheels to drive
the mills.  The mills are long gone, but the long stretches of "managed" falls
remain.

For more history, if you care, there is a bunch of info here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Anthony_Falls

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com