Thanks for sharing your historical expertise, Dario.  That new photo
is quite clear and informative and should satisfy anyone that the lens
is not sporting its original back end.  It looks to me like the lens
in its original form is fixed to the IR unit, and not meant to be
dismounted in normal use.

The auction has ended now with no bids after 7 days.  At the starting
price I'm not surprised.

regards, Anthony

   "Of what use is lens and light
    to those who lack in mind and sight"