I spent a long weekend up on Lake Vermilion here in Minnesota.  Lots of
wildlife and water.

I managed to see quite a few loons and bald eagles - including watching one
eagle swoop down and snatch a fish out of the water just 30 feet from me.  Very
cool.   I must say that taking photos from a boat bobbing in the water, with
the 80-200 in full-zoom is quite tricky.

Got a few good shots, though.  Here's a mildly-acceptable one, taken right
after he lept off of a branch to fly off:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2010/vermilion/content/IMGP3237_large.html

Yeah, it's cropped a bit and sharpened a bit and was taken with a $40 lens.
Someday I'll get the 50-300 and will be happy.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN